This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you own a vehicle or just enjoy having convenient tools, one thing you definitely need to invest in is an electric pressure washer. This machine is one of the most useful cleaning products for your car, and you really do not want to be driving around the dirtiest car on the freeway.
Cleaning your car every now and then is one of the easiest ways to make a great first impression. With the right electric pressure washer, this task becomes even easier. With high pressure, you can save time and clean off any and all types of junk that collects on your vehicle.
In this article, we will walk you through our top 10 picks for electric pressure washers on the market. With a quick read through, you will be one step closer to having the cleanest car on the block not to mention a lot more time on your hands.
How Do Electric Pressure Washers and Gas Pressure Washers Differ
Well, first, let’s get the obvious out of the way. The former uses electricity, and the latter uses gas.
Gas pressure washers have one major advantage. They are capable of reaching higher pressures and flow rates, and as a result, they tend to get the job done faster.
In most other respects, electric pressure washers take the lead. For one, they are much smaller, and they usually weigh half as much as a gas pressure washer. For another, they don’t have any lag time. This means they start as soon as you pull the trigger and turn off as soon as you release it.
With an electric washer, you don’t need to worry about getting pump damage from long idle times. In addition, they do not have an exhaust, so you can use them indoors. Aside from a slight disadvantage in power, electric is the way to go, especially if you prioritize convenience.
What Are the Benefits of Owning an Electric Pressure Washer?
Pressure washers remove deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint, and even graffiti. You can use them on concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats, trailers, equipment, and vehicles.
Having this tool will save you a great deal of time, turning the slightly obnoxious task of cleaning your car’s exterior into a quick one. It will also make cleaning much easier as you won’t have to vigorously scrub any stubborn gunk on your vehicle.
What Qualities Would the Best Electric Pressure Washer Have?
The best pressure washers will reach high pressures and flow rates. They will have a manufacturer with excellent quality control. They will also be durable, and most of all, safe to use.
Where Can I Buy One?
Electric pressure washers can be purchased from a wide variety of stores, but the most reliable way of getting one would be directly from the manufacturer or from Amazon.
What Price Range Am I Looking At?
$100 to $500
How We Reviewed
We evaluated these ten products based on the following parameters: features, pros and cons, price, where they can be bought, and warranty. We chose these parameters to ensure we could give each product an accurate, comprehensive, and fair assessment. We also believe that these are the most vital bits of information a consumer will need to decide on the right product.
[amazon box=”B01DYH7FOO,B002Z8E52Y,B07KXJCWZP,B01BMETENG,B015JBT0BO,B076Q656F5,B078SHC6BK,B01CEWUMMM,B004MXKUCY,B07H7MQQ6C” template=”table”]
What We Reviewed
[amazon link=”B01DYH7FOO” title=”Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer” /]
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 has five Quick-Connect spray tips to allow for customization
- It has a powerful motor that generates up to 1.76 GPM and 2030 PSI
- The Total Stop System that shuts off the pump when idle saves a lot of energy and also increases the longevity of the pump
- The dual detergent tanks are removable and have a high capacity
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- The hose can be leaky, according to some customer complaints
[amazon fields=”B01DYH7FOO” value=”button”]
The AR Blue Clean AR383 uses 80% less water and produces 40% more power than the standard garden hose. It comes with a professional-grade pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, a 20-foot high-pressure hose, a 14 oz. detergent bottle, and 2 high-pressure quick change wands.
- The AR383 has enough power to clean outdoors
- It comes with an assortment of attachments that make your life a lot easier
- With excellent water conservation, it is environmentally friendly
- It is quiet, especially compared to gas engine washers
- Assembly is easy
- The manufacturer has amazing 24/7 customer service
- There have been complaints of it having a leaky plastic hose adapter
[amazon fields=”B01DYH7FOO” value=”button”]
This washer from Greenworks is capable of 1500 PSI at 1.2 GPM. It can be used either vertically or horizontally for maximum stability. It comes with a 25? and 40? quick connect tip, a 20-foot high-pressure hose, a soap applicator, and a 35-foot power cord with inline GFCI.
- It is powerful at 1500 PSI and 1.2 GPM
- You can use it vertically or horizontally
- It comes with a variety of connecting tips
- It comes with a 20-foot high-pressure hose
- It has a soap applicator
- There have been complaints of the soap dispenser being leaky
- At the beginning of cleaning sessions, you can hear the motor switching gears
[amazon fields=”B07KXJCWZP” value=”button”]
The Karcher K5 is capable of 2000 PSI at 1.4 GPM. It has a 25-foot high-pressure hose, a Vario Power Spray wand, a Dirtblaster spray wand, an N-COR pump, a water-cooled induction motor, and an onboard detergent tank.
- It has a long hose at 25 feet
- It comes with various attachments
- The Dirtblaster spray wand halves cleaning time
- The N-COR pump enhances durability
- The water-cooled induction motor increases longevity by as much as 5 times
- With 1.4 GPM, it is not as effective as other washers
[amazon fields=”B01BMETENG” value=”button”]
This Ivation washer is powered by an 1800 Watt/14.5 amp motor, with outputs of 1.8 GPM and 2,200 PSI. It has 5 interchangeable high and low-pressure nozzles to work on various surfaces. Setup takes only 30 seconds. It has a Total Stop System for safety, and it comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It comes with interchangeable pressure nozzles to accommodate different surfaces
- It comes with a Turbo Wand
- It is easy to use
- It has an automatic Total Stop System
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- It is not as powerful as competitors
[amazon fields=”B015JBT0BO” value=”button”]
The DEKO has a powerful motor generating as much as 3000 PSI at 1.7 GPM. It comes with interchangeable nozzles, providing plenty of versatility. It has a Total Stop System to increase the motor’s longevity.
- It is powerful, with a motor generating a maximum of 3000 PSI at 1.7 GPM
- It has a long pressure hose at 16 feet
- It features a Total Stop System to maximize motor life
- It comes with a soap applicator
- There have been some customer complaints regarding the water hose
[amazon fields=”B076Q656F5″ value=”button”]
This washer from Briggs and Stratton has a max PSI of 2200 at 1.0 GPM and a 1.2 max GPM at 900 PSI. With its instant start/stop system, it makes cleaning a quieter task that doesn’t require as much energy. It features a brushless induction motor, and it cleans as much as 40% faster than the standard spray tip.
- It has an instant start/stop system
- It has a brushless induction motor
- It comes with 3 quick-connect spray tips
- It also has a detergent foamer
- Its hose is long at 25 feet
- It has a long electrical cord (35 feet)
- It cleans very quickly
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- For all its wonderful qualities, the pressure is not as high as we expected
[amazon fields=”B078SHC6BK” value=”button”]
The Generac features a cushion grip handle and easy-to-pull spray trigger to maximize your comfort and minimize fatigue. It has an integrated half-inch gallon detergent tank. It also features a Generac OHV horizontal-shaft engine, making hose connections easy. It comes with 10″ never-flat wheels, as well as 4 quick-change nozzle tips.
- This electric pressure washer is easy to use with maximum comfort and minimal fatigue
- Its integrated detergent tank is very convenient
- It has the Generac OHV horizontal-shaft engine
- It is easy to maneuver
- It comes with four different nozzle tips
- It is not the most powerful washer
- It is noisier and produces worrisome fumes
[amazon fields=”B01CEWUMMM” value=”button”]
The Simpson MSH3125 reaches 3200 PSI at 2.5 GPM. It has a special Kink and Abrasion Resistant Hose. It comes with 5 different nozzle tips, and its spray gun has a safety lock-out feature to maximize your safety. It comes with a 2-year warranty for the engine, a 5-year warranty for the frame, and a 1-year warranty for the pump.
- It has an electrical oil sensor to give you the heads up whenever you need to change the oil
- The engine is easy to start
- It can clean any surface
- It has a compact design
- It is very loud
[amazon fields=”B004MXKUCY” value=”button”]
The Powerhouse International washer has a Total Stop System that shuts the motor when not needed. It has a unique foot operated on/off switch, as well as a brush motor with a thermal sensor. Its pressure reaches 2600 PSI at 1.6 GPM
- It has a Total Stop System
- Its foot-operated on/off switch is very convenient
- The motor has a thermal sensor to eliminate overheating
- It is safe and convenient to use
- It could have more power
[amazon fields=”B07H7MQQ6C” value=”button”]
Of these ten washers, two stood out. For anyone hoping for impressive power and well-rounded performance at a low price, the Powerhouse International is best. We gave this washer the lowest price rating of $. If money is not a concern, it is hard to argue against the Briggs and Stratton washer. At $, it is not the most expensive model, but it mostly matches washers that cost several hundred dollars more.
[amazon box=”B01MU8XYEO,B0791XDHDB,B01E0DPVYC” grid=”3″]